Sterilization in dentistry involves the elimination of the germs or microbial organisms, which might lead to certain infections and major health hazards, if not treated properly. The presence of such microorganisms in the dentistry instruments and medications pose a serious threat to the health and hygiene of the patients as well as the dentist.
The traditional ways of sterilization are achieved by application of the following:
• High pressure
In dentistry, sterilization plays a significant role in determining the sound health of the patient. We at AOHCC, offer the multi-sterilization facility to promote oral health and hygiene of the patients. The categories of the patient care items might include:
• Critical: The instruments, which work on the soft tissues and the gum area. These usually penetrate the tissues and make contact with the bone and the pulp region. Hence, proper sterilization is highly recommended for such tools.
• Semi-critical: These usually meet the mucous membrane. As deeper parts are involved, proper attention to sterilization is to be maintained.
• Non-critical: These met the outer skin; yet require hygiene maintenance and thus, proper sterilization of such instruments.
To achieve higher levels of sterilization; the recent technological advancement has come up with “multi-level sterilization” to provide ease of maintaining proper hygiene and health of the patients. We at AOHCC, provide the optimum level of “multi-level sterilization” which involves the following:
• Use of a water-like fluid containing some enzyme
• A water-free environment in presence of a gas having oxidative properties
Our services are aimed at making the optimum use of the recent technology and coming up with the best solutions for providing hygiene-related answers to the concerned patients.